Last time, I introduced to you the topic of the BE-DO-HAVE Model.
In this episode, we’re going to focus on just the HAVE component of that model.
I talked about how clearly defining what you want to HAVE, determines what you need to DO and who you need to BE in order to achieve your goals.
Listen to the podcast to learn more.
Listen to the Podcast
Here are some key takeaways from this episode:
- Focus on what you want to have instead of what you don’t want. Rather than making your unconscious mind work on identifying what you don’t want to have, the ideal thing to do is to get really clear on the things you do want to have.
- Be very clear about what is an outcome versus a feeling. Feelings come and go. When you define your outcome based on a feeling, it takes you through a roller coaster of judgement. Don’t pursue your emotions as if they are goals.
- Define your outcome using sensory information. Be very clear about what you want to see, hear, and feel when you achieve that outcome. It is only when you’ve identified those sensory modalities of your outcome that you can move into looking at how you feel internally and what you are telling yourself about your goal.
- Define your outcome in a way that it is very clear not just for yourself but also for the people around you.
- Celebrate your success. Part of looking after yourself is making sure that you celebrate your success. Notice the goals you are achieving, so that you are really clear and notice when you are getting to have what you aim to have.
- Your outcome defines your ultimate success. It is what you want to HAVE that determines what you need to DO and who you need to BE in order to be successful in achieving your goals.