In this episode, I talked about the BE-DO-HAVE Model, which is a simple model that underpins a lot of human behaviour.
With everything that is happening on the planet now, where people are facing a lot of uncertainty, the BE-DO-HAVE model provides us with the opportunity to reconnect with that absolute determination to be who we need to be and to do what needs to be done to get the results that we decided we are going to have.
Listen to the podcast to learn more.
Listen to the Podcast
Here are some key takeaways from this episode:
- The corona virus spread provides us with an excellent example of how human beings behave when they’re under stress or when they are confronting issues that they believe relate directly to their survival or their certainty in life. It shows the BE-DO-HAVE model in operation.
- Begin by deciding what it is that you want to have. Focus on deciding the outcome that you want to achieve. The clearer you set those outcomes, the greater the possibility of you achieving them, and then,
- Think about what you need to do in order to achieve those outcomes, and decide who do you need to be for you to be able to take those steps and actions to achieve those outcomes.
- Children are a total manifestation of the BE-DO-HAVE model at work. They are very clear about what they want to have. They are very clear about wanting to do it by themselves,and they set about doing whatever they need to do in order to achieve their desired outcome.
- Having insatiable curiosity, a steely determination, and an attitude of absolute perseverance are some of the things that we can learn from children that can help us achieve the results we want to have.
- The BE-DO-HAVE model provides us with the opportunity to reconnect with that absolute determination to be who we need to be, to do what needs to be done so that we do get to have the results that we’ve decided we’re going to have.
- It is in times of uncertainty that it is the best time to reflect on who you want to be. Who are you being as a person in the face of uncertainty? Because, ultimately who you’re being is what will determine the outcome you get to have.