The mindset that you bring to your clients is the feeling that they will leave your practice with. You want to make sure that you have your strategies sorted and that you are there to intimately serve your clients, which is ultimately what massage therapy is about.
How does language affect our lives and how can we use it to influence and impact other people?
In this episode of The Business of Massage and Wellness Podcast, I talked about NLP and how massage therapists can use language and behavioural patterns to create better outcomes for their clients.
Here are some takeaways from the interview.
- Language is not just the words that we use. It may be gestures, facial expressions, breathing patterns, and so on.
- Massage therapists are masters at reading people’s physiology.
- Our bodies have the capacity to improve and shift the pain. As a therapist who works with clients and is committed to heal their bodies, improve function, and reduce pain, it is important to undermine the limiting belief related to those problems, that a person has been carrying around for a long time.
- Create the possibility that things will be different for your client. Once you’ve created that possibility, you can work with them in bringing that possibility into reality.
- Making what seems impossible possible is perhaps one of the most powerful tools for anyone working in the health profession, particularly when you are working with people who are suffering. You can create the possibility that they could have an improved quality of life. Instilling those beliefs in them is where the magic really happens in physical therapy.
- Change begins with curiosity.
- Change can happen in an instant. Just as you can learn something in an instant, you can also unlearn or replace a learning with something new in an instant.
- Create a possibility instead of a necessity.
- You gain confidence by taking action, and action is what takes you on a journey.
- We each have our own patterns of behaviour or habits. Self-awareness is being aware of the structures of our behaviour.
- NLP is a study of language and how it impacts the neurology in our bodies. It studies the patterns of language that reveal our habits and strategies that either keep us stuck or move us forward.
- Focus on delivering results rather than measuring your progress against a timeline.
- Getting yourself a coach or mentor is really important.
- Marketing is all about establishing credibility with your ideal client.
- The mindset that you bring to your clients is the feeling that they will leave your practice with. You want to make sure that you have your strategies sorted and that you are the best person to serve your clients.